Friday, January 11, 2008

HOUSE UPDATE

This end of the house is my favorite part... the little bump out is where I will have a kitchen booth setup thing with wrap around seating in the rectangle area. There are windows on three sides of this area so I can see the kids while waiting for the bus, see the lake while enjoying my morning coffee, and also a window that see over to my Aunt Dorothy's, not too far away.... This is the front that faces the road... the tall beam in the middle is where my cathedral ceiling in living room will be.... There are more windows, but haven't been cut out yet due to trying to keep the guys warm when the wind picks up... Will be nice to have the roof sheeting on, so we don't have to shovel snow out of the house for the guys every day.


This is my wide entry way... and the diagonal door enters my craft room!!
Straight ahead there will be a wood stove or my husband is trying to convince me to go pellet for less mess.... then on to our bedroom on the north wing of the house.....



This is the inside of the kitchen and booth area.... Look at that cool looking ceiling... Our builder is trying to figure out a way to make that a cool feature in there.... it was supposed to just be 9 foot flat ceiling.....
Well thanks for stopping by..... can hardly wait.... now it is actually looking like a house... More pictures to come.


3 comments:

Stacey said...

VERY COOL Kat!! It's SO taking shape now where you, well, I can really 'see' things!!! I LIKE it!!!! I LOVE the diagonal doorway into your room!!
Can't wait to see MORE pics! Keep 'em comin'!!!

The Read family said...

WOW! Very exciting to see the progress, thanks for sharing! Chrsitina

Traci K said...

Wow! Looks good! Love that kitchen the way it bumps out. When can we join you for coffee?!:)